Black History Month on Minute of ListeningFind out more!
It only takes a minute to bring listening back to the classroomLet's get listening!
From Björk to BeethovenMeet our Contributors
Get Minute of Listening for your schoolPricing options
What teachers say about Minute of ListeningHear from the teachers
Minute Of Listening
Bring creative listening back to the classroom in a minute
Minute of Listening is an innovative and groundbreaking digital tool that introduces children to a wealth of exciting sonic experiences and offers teachers creative new ways to deliver a number of areas of the school curriculum.
Over 30,000 children have experienced Minute of Listening since it was piloted in 2011.
Suitable for all primary-aged children
- 60 seconds of creative sound and music for every day of the school year
- Introduces active listening into the classroom
- Encourages creative responses and enquiry across a range of curriculum areas
- Supports development of cognitive skills in a fun and inclusive way
Suitable for generalist primary and specialist music teachers
- Intuitive and simple to use, responsive and flexible for different activities and subject areas
- Over 250 musical contributions, including field recordings, historical classics and music by living composers
- Expertly selected and curated by Sound and Music, the UK’s national charity for new music
- Endorsed by educational hubs and partners
- A cost effective and fun way to engage children through ICT
How it works
Sign up for your free trial
And introduce a culture of curious, engaged and reflective listening.
Explore over 200 minutes
And access many genres and styles from all kinds of contributors.
Listen actively with your class
And let their imaginations flourish whilst they learn creatively.
Reflect, discuss and get creative
And support teachers with innovative resources, ideas and activities.
Why not introduce music and sound into your science teaching? You can use Minute of Listening to have fun hearing the sounds…
Discover a treasure trove of music education resources created by the experts at Minute of Listening.
Give us your feedback“I use Minute of Listening as a starter to my music lessons because listening and appraising is a huge part of the national curriculum for music. It fits perfectly and enables the children to actively listen, to talk about what they're hearing, to use the vocabulary associated with the music. They really enjoy it and it exposes them to a whole range of music that we wouldn't otherwise expose them to. ”Natalie Morris, Year 3 teacher
Bricknell Primary School, Hull
Give us your feedback“I can see how Minute of Listening can be used in other ways; it can be used in lesson support because the sounds are so varied, so if you were doing a geography topic or a particular book in literacy, you might be able to have a sound that links with that. It's a way of firing their imaginations”Alex Richardson, Science Co-ordinator
Bude Park Primary School, Hull