Celebrate International Women’s Day on 8th March with our lesson plans and activities for EYFS, KS1 and KS2 classes! These can be found at the bottom of this page, and are free for anyone to access.
You can find out more about Sound and Music and what else we are doing for International Women’s Day by exploring:
- The British Music Collection’s #AComposeraDay
- Sound and Music’s podcast with Shama Rahman, Sarah Sayeed, Nicola LeFanu and Erika Fox. In this episode we ask how feminism, motherhood and struggles for gender equality intersect with life as a composer, found on The Sampler
- This article by our Chief Executive Susanna Eastburn, assessing progress towards our commitment: a 50:50 gender split in composers we work with by 2020
- Our Minute of Listening IWD lesson plans and resources (found below)
- The International Women’s Day Minutes Information, to find out more about the amazing sounds in this collection
Anna Meredith, composer, producer and performer says:
“I’m really happy that Axeman is being included in this Minute of Listening collection to celebrate International Women’s Day!
I’m really passionate about girls and young women seeing older female instrumentalists and composers – playing a real range of instruments and writing exciting music, so hope this piece might inspire you to pick up a bassoon, a guitar or even try writing something yourself.”
About this resource
- Learning Resource Type
- Learning Activities